Rowing practice runs from Monday-Friday from 3:45-5:15 pm through the end of the season. For more information, you can contact Coach Abele at
* A great way to get involved with other students from St. Francis
and meet girls from Notre Dame, St. Ursula, Central Catholic and Anthony
* Participate in the Fall, Spring or both seasons. Fall “Head Races” are against the clock. Spring races are head-to-head.
* Planning to play a Winter or Spring sport? Rowing increases both
strength and agility. Many successful sports programs promote rowing in
the off-season to improve athletes’ fitness.
* Compete in regattas throughout the Midwest, with an opportunity to compete nationally.
* Row in teams of four or eight – good teamwork is what makes the boat fast – there are no “stars” in crew.
* Parents spend a relaxing day watching their Knights row and tailgating by the water.
* NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED! We will teach you! First year rowers race in a special class against other first year rowers.